We are excited this month to invite you to tour and try out the latest component in the SuitabilityPro product suite – ProPlanner…
Meet The New ProPlanner
ProPlanner is our newest evolution in comprehensive goal-based financial planning software and is now available for a free 30-day trial.
ProPlanner builds on our well-known Planit software, to assist advisors in gaining better:
- Productivity — getting clients quickly engaged in making financial decisions
- Advice — full goals-based planning tailored to financial and emotional needs
- Relationships — in-depth understanding of clients’ values & priorities
- Compliance — detailed reporting of the suitability of advice
Why Suitability is Replacing Disclosure in Regulation
New research has revealed deep flaws in disclosure-based risk tolerance assessment regulations, with examples from the US, UK, Europe, and Australia showing that relying on disclosures often fails to prevent harm to consumers. In fact, in some cases, the shortcomings of disclosure cause them harm.
More on the five key problems is here
Financial Risk Tolerance vs. General Risk Tolerance
Intuitively, it is tempting (and common) to equate financial risk taking with general risk taking. However, the two are not the same, and it is dangerous for advisors to treat them as if they are. There are several different types, or ‘domains’, of risk.
More on the differences here
Come say ‘Hi!’ at a November event
We’d love to catch-up if you are attending any of the events below:
- Toronto (CA): 19 November – FP Canada Gala Dinner
- Toronto (CA): 20 November – FP Canada Symposium
- Toronto (CA): 21 November – OSC Dialogue
- Melbourne (AUS): 25 November – Financial Planning Academic Forum (FPAF)
- Melbourne (AUS): 26 November – Personal Finance and Investment Symposium (PFIS)
- Melbourne (AUS): 27 – 29 November – FPA Professional Congress 2019
November Training & PlanPlus Global Events
PlanPlus Global activities for this month – training sessions, conferences, and events.
SuitabilityPro Training Sessions are hosted every Friday from 10am
- Profiler Session I: Getting Started! – 10AM EST
- Profiler Session II: Customizing Advisor Profile Settings – 11:15AM EST
- ProPlanner: Getting Started! – 1PM EST